Wednesday, December 22, 2010

120V and 12V together

Now I've got the traction pack charging in the car and the DC/DC Converter connected and the Acc. Battery tied in. Still a bit surprised that I haven't popped a fuse or smelled something funny yet. A little contactor buzzing had me searching for a problem but all seems good so far. Paktrakr says I've got one Battery a bit high and one a bit low on voltage. I think I'll wait a bit before I isolate the low battery and juice it up by itself. Of course it is in the rear pack which is a bit trickier to disconnect.
I installed one headlight assembly and tied it into the 12V Bus to see what a little load would do to the system, no trouble. Starting to look like something that might drive down the road someday!
I need to make 3 more battery jumpers, ran out of lugs so I'm using some 10ga. jumpers for testing. I also made the final shock adjustment. All the way up in the rear and all the way down in the front. Still a bit low in the rear but overall riding pretty high for carrying almost 800 pounds of batteries.





No comments:

Post a Comment