Friday, July 23, 2010

Back to it

After an extended break I got back to work today. I pulled the motor once again because I was worried that I hadn't ever torqued the clutch to spec. Two hours later I confirmed that I had in fact torqued the clutch exactly as it should have been. Well at least I won't have that in the back of my mind any more and I had a chance to touch up the motor mount which was hazed in red paint.
I installed the main 120VDC front to back conduit (1 1/2 sealtite) which connects the split pack. I had previously built and installed it but removed it for paint. The 2/0 welding wire was already inside it and cut to length so that was a snap and rewarding after my semi-pointless motor in and out.
I put the new wiring harness in place and mounted the motor controller. I spent some time scratching my head and looking at my notebook trying to remember how all of this gets wired up. I have been doing body work since March so I am going to need to spend some time refreshing my memory on the electrical side.




No comments:

Post a Comment