Sunday, February 14, 2010

Traction Pack Conduit

This is the installation of a 1 1/2" Liquidtight Flexible Conduit (Sealtite) to connect the front and rear portions of the traction pack through the passenger compartment. I used some Aluminum 2 1/2" chase nipples as bushings through a bulkhead and through the pan in the rear. Underneath the car the conduit runs around the right rear suspension pivot. I might add a mount down there so I can secure it to a fixed point and keep it from vibrating / rubbing. Otherwise I am pretty happy with how this came out. I feel this method offers excellent protection in the passenger compartment from the 120VDC cables. There will be two additional 1/2 Sealtite runs running along side of this larger run. One will carry 120 VAC tot he charger and the other will carry 120 VDC from the rear disconnect to the heater and DC/DC converter which are located up front.




No comments:

Post a Comment